Make your life simple
While there are plenty of things that can affect your happiness, here are the 5 simple things that if you remove can create a huge impact:
- Remove Negative information, as it can cause a lot of stress and depression so take action by cutting out the news and limiting social media usage.
- Use the 80/20 Rule to see which 20% of things cause 80% of your unhappiness and find ways to remove them from your life.
- Relationships are the biggest factor for your health and well being. Use the 80/20 Rule again to see which 20% of your social circle is causing 80% of your unhappiness and find ways to create boundaries with them.
- Stop trying to be perfect and stop trying to prove yourself as “worthy.” Do more things for yourself and keep more announcements to yourself.
- Stop attaching your happiness to your achievements, goals, possessions, etc. and step off the hedonic treadmill.